Approved by the 1991 Annual General Meeting (AGM). Amended 1997, 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2012, 2017, 2021, 2022 AGM’S
1. The club shall be known as Congleton Cycling Club.
2. The aims of the club shall be to further the sport and pastime of cycling in all its aspects.
3. The AGM will decide to which organisations the club will affiliate in the following year. Affiliations considered will include British Cycling (BC), Cycling UK (Previously Cycling Touring Club CTC), Cycling Time Trials (CTT), the Manchester and District Time Trials Association (M&DTTA), the Newcastle Track Cycling Association (NTCA), the Manchester and District Ladies Cycling Association (M&DLCA), Youth Hostel Association (YHA ) and any others proposed at the AGM. The committee may affiliate the club to other organisations.
4. The AGM shall elect a President and Vice-Presidents, who thereby also become members for the year.
5. Any nomination for a new Chairperson/Vice Chairman shall require two weeks advance notice to the Secretary in advance of an AGM. If more than two candidates for Chairperson/Vice-Chairperson are received by the secretary, an election will be held at the AGM via a secret ballot.
6. The AGM shall elect the following officials: Chair, Vice-Chair, Hon. Secretary, Hon. Treasurer, Membership Secretary, Club-runs Secretary, Racing Secretary, Social Secretary, Welfare Officer, Webmaster, Press/Communications Secretary, Club Clothing Representative, Junior Representative, Member’s Representative/s all of whom must be members of Congleton Cycling Club.
7, On the occasion of a Committee Member leaving the Club or their role due to unforeseen circumstances between AGM’s the Committee can appoint an interim successor to fill the post until the next AGM. Said appointment will be decided by Committee vote. This excludes the post of Chair, for which an EGM must be called.
8. Management of the club shall be by a committee, consisting of the above named officials, at least one of whom, whenever possible, must be under the age of 18, along with three other members, all of whom to be elected by the AGM. Additional members may be co-opted at the discretion of the committee.
9. The committee shall meet at least four times a year plus the AGM.
10. A quorum shall consist of five committee members.
11. Club racing colours shall be red, white and black.
12. Membership shall be open to any gender. Application for new membership must be approved by the committee. Normally there will be a lower age limit of 12 years, but the committee may use its discretion.
13. Membership types are as follows 1st and 2nd claim members and junior members. Riding members must also be members of BC or Cycling UK (Previously CTC), or other organisations that provide equivalent third party insurance cover for its members whilst riding. Membership shall run for twelve months from the first day of the month in which the member joins. Subscriptions are set by a general meeting of members.
14. Any member not paying his/her subscription within three months of their renewal date shall be deemed to have resigned from the club.
15. No member shall be allowed to take part in any club activity unless they comply with the rules of the club.
16. The club’s financial year shall be from the 1st October to 30th September. After 30th September the Treasurer shall prepare a balance sheet, which shall be audited by the Hon Auditor elected at the previous year’s AGM.
17. The AGM shall be held in October each year and at least 21 days notice of the meeting shall be sent to all members.
18. Items for the agenda of the AGM shall reach the Secretary, in writing, at least 14 days before the meeting.
19. An Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) may be called by the committee. The Secretary must call an EGM on receipt of written request signed by at least five members. The Secretary must send a calling notice and an agenda of the EGM to all members at least 7 days before the meeting.
20. The committee shall have the power to reprimand, suspend or expel any member infringing any rule, or whose conduct is prejudicial to the good name of the club. No such action shall be taken until the member has had the opportunity to appear before the committee to explain their conduct.
21. No alteration or addition shall be made to these rules except with the consent of at least two-thirds of the members present and voting at the AGM or an EGM called for the purpose.